Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

So, today was my first Mother's Day! Yay! Here is a recap of the day's events:

-Andrew cooked waffles for breakfast which were excellent! (Thanks again for the waffle iron, Abby! It's been put to good use!)

-Joel was dedicated at church this morning. We stood up in front of the congregation with several other couples and babies, Joel's name was read, and we were prayed for.

-Joel made me a special Mother's Day gift while he was in the nursery. He stamped his foot print onto a special piece of paper with a poem. (I will always treasure it as the first gift he made for me!)

-We went to Jason's Deli for lunch...yum!

-Andrew and Joel gave me a beautiful piece of stained glass for Mother's Day. It's currently hanging in our dining room window. I absolutely love stained glass, and Andrew did a super job picking out this piece. It's so special because it shows me how much my husband knows me- it's perfect.
I had a wonderful day, and I am so thankful to be a mom! Joel is such a precious gift, and I love that Andrew and I can share the joy he brings to our lives! :o)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend your first Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a precious gift from Joel, It won't be long and you will be hearing those pitter patter of little feet! :) And the stained glass is beautiful. You had a great day!! You deserve it. Joel is fortunate to have a great mom like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day, Kelly! Just a side note on the waffle iron..saw on tv to use Brownie mix in it and then sprikle w/powdered sugar...yuuummmm. I don't have an iron so I cant try it...

    ReplyDelete