Thursday, February 26, 2009

Out of Sorts

Please disregard anything schedule-related from my past entries. While at the time I thought Joel was on a great schedule, he showed me what was really up on Sunday morning...at 4:30 am.

Our eat-awake-sleep pattern (that was functioning so well) has now become eat-awake-eat-awake-eat-awake-sleep-eat-awake-etc. And today Joel decided that he only needed one nap instead of his usual three. He also chose to wake up in the middle of the night on Monday.

I guess the result of all this is a messy house and a scatter-brained mom. But, we are adapting.

On a separate note, Joel's two teeth next to his bottom center teeth are starting to come in. He drools all over the place which, I guess, doesn't vary much from the norm.

The weather has been beautiful lately, topping out at 85 degrees today! Joel and I have been taking lots of walks outside. He really enjoys sitting on the front porch and watching the cars go by. Yesterday he saw a school bus go by, and he got really excited. He kicked his legs and opened his mouth really wide. So, for the rest of our porch-time we sang "The Wheels on the Bus." Sadly, mama couldn't remember all the verses, so our bus passengers included pirates, pigs, dogs, and chickens.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, Andrew, and Joel! I cannot sleep for some reason, so I thought I'd pop on and catch up on news in your world! I think it's a fabulous use of time, don't you? I wanted to commend you for your creativity in Wheels on the Bus. I'm always trying add in extra verses when I sing to my little patients.... and I think pirates is going to be added onto my list! Did they just go "Arrr... matey!" or something else? :) I bet Joel loved that! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete