Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Romans 8:32

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave Him up for us all- how will he not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?"

God knows me. He created me. He gave me a love for creativity, design, and pretty things. He did not, however, give me unlimited funds in which to pour my creativity. But, He still provides for me in the most unexpected ways. His hand is so apparent in His provision that I can't help but praise Him and desire to mirror His creativity.

One example of this starts back in 2005 when I picked out my china place settings while Andrew and I registered for wedding gifts. I picked the most beautiful place settings I could find. I envisioned using them for special occasions someday: Christmas dinners, special birthdays, Thanksgiving. I could see my future children and grandchildren sitting around the dining room table enjoying a delicious meal on my beautiful china. It was a radiant scene! And amazingly, God provided me with twelve place settings! (How many kids are you planning on me having, Lord?)

Sadly, there is no room in an apartment or small house for twelve place settings of beautiful China to be displayed. That is when I began to desire a china cabinet. I guess God also created me with expensive taste because all the china cabinets I liked were way out of our price range. So, I began to place this desire further and further away. But God, in His loving way, had other plans for me. My friend Sarah e-mailed me a link to a china cabinet for sale on a Craigs List. The pictures were small and a little blurry, but the cost was cheap, and Andrew was willing to drive the forty minutes to check it out. So, we scrounged around the house for enough cash, borrowed a friend's truck, and loaded Joel up. The result:
Thank you for your provision, Lord! Not only was this china cabinet affordable for my family, but it was also the perfect size, style, and color. I am so undeserving, but my Lord is gracious, and He loves me! (And I think He is looking forward to being with my family at our Christmas dinners some day!)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. I love you so much. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It's beautiful!! And the story behind it is great. That will always be a special memory. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great answer to prayer. God is so specific. Thanks for sharing the blog, by the way. I needed more pictures of Joel! I miss the little guy. :(

    ReplyDelete